Strong Seismicity Continues in Vanuatu Region
Posted by feww on April 7, 2016
Third significant earthquake in four days strikes north of Sanma
M6.7 quakes Jolts Sanma, Vanuatu, the third significant event to occur in the area within four days.
This event did not generate a destructive tsunami.
Location: 14.217°S, 166.554°E;
Time: 2016-04-06 at 06:54:54 UTC
- 106km (65.9 mi) W of Sola, Vanuatu
- 181km (112.5 mi) NNW of Luganville, Vanuatu
- 454km (282.1 mi) NNW of Port-Vila, Vanuatu
- 769km (477.8 mi) N of We, New Caledonia
[EQ Location Map. Source: USGS/EHP]
- 2ND Significant Earthquake Strikes Vanuatu Region April 6, 2016
- Strong Earthquake Jolts Port-Olry, Vanuatu April 3, 2016