Extreme Heat Kills Hundreds of People across South Asia
Posted by feww on April 30, 2016
Record temperatures reported in India, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam
Deadly heatwaves have scorched vast swathes of South Asia claiming hundreds of lives, exacerbating the drought and destroying or damaging crops in India, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.
The largest number of heat-related deaths have occurred in India, and weather forecasters have warned the recurring heatwave would persist and intensify into May, traditionally the hottest month in the sub-continent.
- Deadly Heatwave Intensifies in India, Odisha Broils at Record 48.5ºC April 25, 2016
- Vietnam Reports Mass Fish Deaths April 22, 2016
- 330 Million People Affected by Severe Drought: Indian Govt April 20, 2016
- Deadly Heatwave Persists in India April 14, 2016
- Drought and Saltwater Intrusion Devastate Crops in Vietnam March 16, 2016