“Thank God men cannot as yet fly and lay waste the sky as well as the earth!” —Henry David Thoreau
Links index: Airlines & Aviation Industry, Airline Safety, Air Travel …
Top 10 Most Dangerous Airlines in 2009 – 2011
- Air New Zealand
- Korean Air
- Continental Airlines
- Air France
- American Airlines/ NWA
- Emirates Air
- Qatar Airlines
- Air India
[Awaiting possible rating: ______]
[NOTE: The above is a dynamic list which considers past crashes as well as future potentials – updated periodically. Unlisted airlines ARE NOT necessarily safe.]
WHY Air NZ is the most dangerous Airline in 2009 – 2011:
See links below for the answer!
- Air New Zealand’s dealing with a second emergency landing all in the space of hours [Thursday June 9, 2011]
- Air NZ passengers feared for lives [Monday May 9, 2011]
- Air New Zealand: Two emergency landings in one day [Monday May 9, 2011]
- One mid-air near-miss every 3 weeks [Posted byte2ataria on October 2, 2010]
- New Zealand Air Crash Kills 9 [At least 1,912 tourists and immigrants have been Killed in NZ between January 2000 and 3 September 2010: Source]
- Fuel leak causes Wellington Airport runway closure [Posted on May 15, 2010]
- Air NZ in another emergency landing scare [Posted on February 4, 2010]
- Air New Zealand Plane in Emergency Runway Stop [Posted on February 2, 2010]
- Google’s Top 10 List of ‘Holy Cows’
- Air New Zealand: Another ‘Close Call’ [25 January 2010]
- Air New Zealand Jet Windscreen Cracked Midflight [Posted on January 11, 2010]
- Plane in emergency landing at Nelson Airport
- An Air New Zealand flight was forced to make an emergency landing at Palmerston North airport after an engine failed 10 minutes into a flight.
- Jet makes emergency landing in Hawke’s Bay
- Another NZ Pilot Downs His Helicopter
- Air New Zealand Exposes 84 to Potentially Fatal Virus
- Sculptural Insult to the Erebus Victims
- Air NZ won’t apologize to Erebus families for negligent homicide
- Another Air NZ Flying Coffin Catches Fire Mid-air
- Propeller falls off New Zealand plane
- An Air New Zealand Flying Coffin Forced to Land
- Air New Zealand Flying Coffin Crashes in the Mediterranean
- NEW Warning to Tourists Flying to New Zealand
- Jetstar Airbus Catches Fire Midair
- Flying Air New Zealand?
- Air NZ receives $76m ‘crash cash’
- Flying Coffins
- Bend Over, Spread Your Legs and say Baa . . .
- Another Near Miss For Air NZ Flying Coffins
- Small aircraft accidents
- Come Fly Air New Zealand! Choose where you want to crash: The Antarctic, or Mediterranean sea.
- Pilot Error Downed Air New Zealand Airbus!
- Five NZers given no hope of surviving plane crash
- Airbus the largest New Zealand-owned aircraft to crash
- Plane Crash Kills 104 in Libya Posted on May 12, 2010
- Polish President, 132 others, Killed in Plane Crash Posted on April 10, 2010
- Go! airline pilots admit they fell asleep during Hawaii flight
- Feds talk to crew of plane that overshot airport
- Airlines Fined For Stranding Passengers
- What Exactly Airlines Doing to You? Take 2
- What Exactly Airlines Doing to You?
- Another Airbus Caught Fire?
- Airbus Crashes in Comoros
- Another Airbus Near Disaster
- 5 Airbus, 1 Boeing Emergency Landings in 2 Days
- Cockpit Fire Forces Airbus A330 to Land
- Air France Flight 447
- Airbus Catastrophic Failure a Fatal Design Flaw
- Air France Airbus vanishes over the Atlantic
- Second Airbus Plunges into Water
- US Airways Plane Goes Down in Hudson River
- India: Civil Aviation regulator DGCA has found about 964 deficiencies, mostly in safety, in the operations of domestic and international airlines this year, of which 289 concerned Air India, 660 carriers and 15 from foreign airlines.
Related News Links:
- Continental Owned 757 Makes Emergency Landing At Guam Airport [19 January 2010]
- An American Airlines jet flying from Texas to San Francisco made an emergency landing in San Jose … [18 Jan 2010]
- Four Brits recovering after their holiday plane crashed into control tower on a Thai island.
- Irish survivors of Thai plane crash travel home
- Injured passengers in Thai plane crash transferred to Bangkok
- A plane was forced into emergency landing at Hamilton Airport, New Zealand
- NTSB probes incident involving Northwest Airbus
[Consortium News Blog]
Air Travelers Don’t Seem to Get the Message! One of the planes grounded in an Argentine airport after volcanic ash from the Puyehue Volcano erupted in early June 2011 disrupted air travel throughout the region. Credit: Reuters