Fire Earth

Earth is fighting to stay alive. Mass dieoffs, triggered by anthropogenic assault and fallout of planetary defense systems offsetting the impact, could begin anytime!

Posts Tagged ‘Christchurch Quake Casualties’

New Zealand Earthquake UPDATE Feb 25

Posted by feww on February 25, 2011

Quake death toll at 113 and rising

NZ Police Names Two More Victims, as 228 Others Remain Missing

Terrestrial meteor scores a direct hit


A hole created by a giant boulder which crashed through a house during Tuesday’s earthquake, is seen near Lyttelton in this image by AP Photo’s Mark Baker, via
News.com.au. Image may be subject to copyright.

Unbelievable Larceny

Police have made at least a dozen arrests for looting, including two people who stole vital rescue equipment and generators.

“Worst Type of News”

NZ Foreign Minister has warned families of foreign visitors and overseas students who are still missing in the rubble of Tuesday’s deadly Christchurch earthquake to prepare for the “worst type of news.”

Of the 113 people confirmed dead so far, at least 20 are said to be foreigners, while many of the missing hundreds are also from overseas.

Pathetic Police Comment

“Police have corrected the age of one of the deceased identified yesterday. Jayden Harris was 8 months old when he died in the earthquake, not 9 months as first reported. Police regret any distress caused by this error.” Source.

Photo Galleries

Related News

Posted in 2011 disasters, Christchurch Earthquake, Kermadec trench, new zealand disasters | Tagged: , , , , | Leave a Comment »

New Zealand Earthquake UPDATE Feb 24

Posted by feww on February 24, 2011

Christchurch Quake Casualties

CAUTION: ALL FIGURES RELEASED by NEW ZEALAND GOVT ARE SUBJECT to POLITICAL MANIPULATION

UPDATE Posted at 06:30UTC February 24, 2011

NZ police has just released the names of only four of the 98 people confirmed dead in the Christchurch earthquake:

Joseph Tehau Pohio (40); Jaime Robert McDowell Gilbert (22); Jayden Harris (9 months); Baxter Gowland (5 months)

War Zone: Christchurch loses its second battle against nature


The Canterbury Television building in Christchurch, February 24, 2011. Photo credit: AP. Image may be subject to copyright.

In Christchurch Quake: NZ govt Doctoring the Figures, posted earlier today, Te2ataria said:

NZ govt is up to its dirty old tricks again, doctoring the quake fatality figures

Here’s a summary

  • Confirmed dead:  76 souls
  • Missing: Up to 238 people [actual figure may be as high as 500]
  • Seriously injured: 200
  • Total no of injured: up to 3,000
  • Police say 22 more bodies  are inside Christchurch’s Cathedral Square
  • Police said they will release a list of the dead and missing at 4.00pm (our time).
  • Police changed its **** mind saying they will release a list of the dead and missing at 6.00pm
  • The Fat Police Minister said: “We’ve got 76 at the morgue at the moment and more coming through.” [She didn’t say how many more.]

In line with New Zealand government policy of news blackout, two Japanese journalists were arrested last night when they tried to interview earthquake victims  in Christchurch Hospital.

Related Image Galleries:

Related News:

Posted in 2011 disasters, 2011 earthquakes, new zealand disasters, new zealand earthquake 2011 | Tagged: , , , , , | 16 Comments »