You guessed it: Things are much worse…
Taking Stock of the Oil Spill, Energy and Climate Bills and the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE SUSTAINABLE LIFESTYLES
We are taught about individualism, individual freedoms and values. In reality, however, everything is decided for us well in advance.
How could we be free, if there’s corporate monopoly on everything?
We learn about the importance of diversity when it comes to other species, but we are denied the same knowledge when it come to learning about humans.
We are en-shackled by the global economy, a prison made by the monetary system. All of our other nightmares are the derivatives of the system.
In a nutshell …
1. Our rulers have imposed upon us a method of doing things, a system of exponentially expanding human ecological footprint called economy, which is destroying the planet.
2. We have been prevented from researching, developing and ultimately opting for alternative lifestyles, sustainable means of running our everyday lives, with zero impact on the planet.
3. Coupled with the economy, an inseparable part of it in fact, is an energy policy that demands more and more fossil fuels, the production and consumption of which is destroying not only the climate, but the very air we breathe, land and water we feed from.
4. We have been hoodwinked into electing an incompetent and ill-meaning President, who’s trying to secure a second term in office by way of appeasing the giant corporations that have no concern other than maximizing their bottom line.
5. Some of those giants strap us inside vehicles that were made by other giants, keeping each and everyone of us locked in on the wilderness of freeways, polluted roads and streets, so that we would burn the gas they sold us, going nowhere, several hours a day, each day.
6. We are blindfolded. How can anyone find out that the road map the giants have sold us goes nowhere and the destinations marked on them are non-existent? The answer is they can’t.
7. Disasters like the growing oil spill in the Gulf momentarily awaken us to the truth. Even then, our realization of truth is ephemeral. The giants’ spin machine (our politicians), their agents of disinformation (the media) and other dark forces of information suppression (the Internet Mafia), prevent us from seeing, hearing, experiencing and ultimately making the right decisions by ourselves.
8. By all means then sue the giants. But don’t stop there because the Administration, media and the Internet Mafia deserve equal reaction.
9. Knowledge and information forms the basis of our decision-making process. Access to up-to-date information and knowledge of alternative points of view can make the difference between whether WE and therefore our civilization survive, or becomes extinct.
10. A major mechanism of evolution is learning… Learning is facilitated by feedbacks. But the social feedback and all other feedbacks lines are short-circuited, corrupted, and converted into loops that come back to the same point over and over again. The giants have retarded the evolution of of human species. When species cease to evolve, they become extinct. Right now the odds are heavily stacked against the survival of ‘Google Civilization.’
Serial No 1,651. Starting April 2010, each entry on this blog has a unique serial number. If any of the numbers are missing, it may mean that the corresponding entry has been blocked by Google/the authorities in your country. Please drop us a line if you detect any anomaly/missing number(s).