Drought Disaster Declared for Multiple Counties across Two U.S. States
Drought Disaster Emergency Designations
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has designated a total of 13 counties across two states—Wyoming and Montana—as crop disaster areas due to damages and losses caused by a recent drought. Those areas are:
Wyoming. Big Horn, Campbell, Converse, Fremont, Hot Springs, Johnson, Natrona, Park, Sheridan and Washakie counties.
Montana. Big Horn, Carbon and Powder River counties.
i. USDA trigger point for a countywide disaster declaration is 30 percent crop loss on one or more crops.
ii. The counties designated as agricultural disaster areas, as listed above, include both primary and contiguous disaster areas.
iii. Some counties may have been designated as crop disaster areas more than once due to multiple disasters.
iv. The U.S. has a total of 3,143 counties and county-equivalents.
Crop Disaster Designations – 2016
- Crop Disasters Declared for Counties in 3 U.S. States June 1, 2016
- Drought Disaster Declared for Counties in Arizona, California May 23, 2016
- Drought Disasters Declared for Counties in Oregon, California, Nevada, Hawaii May 13, 2016
- Drought Disaster Declared for Counties in Arizona, California May 7, 2016
- Crop Disasters Declared in Texas, Utah, Oklahoma, Nevada and Hawaii April 22, 2016
- Crop Disasters Declared in Montana; Wildfire Emergencies in Kansas, Oklahoma
- Crop Disasters Declared in North Carolina March 31, 2016
- Crop Disasters Declared in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Puerto Rico March 26, 2016
- Crop Disasters Declared in Florida, Georgia March 18, 2016
- Multiple Crop Disasters Declared in Nine U.S. States March 4, 2016
- Multiple Crop Disasters Hit Eight U.S. States February 29, 2016
- Crop Disasters Declared in Montana February 25, 2016
- Crop Disasters Declared in the U.S. States of North Carolina and Virginia February 11, 2016
- Crop Disasters Declared in Two U.S. States February 5, 2016
- Extreme Weather Events Destroy Crops in Georgia & the Carolinas January 24, 2016
- Multiple Crop Disasters Declared in Three U.S. States January 9, 2016
- Agricultural Disasters Index