Image of the Day
IGOR and JULIA Pinwheeling?
Hurricanes IGOR and JULIA Could Engage Pinwheeling, Causing Unprecedented Destruction Along Their Path
Most models predict IGOR would be heading north; however, if pinwheeling (Fujiwara Effect) occurs between the two systems, JULIA could force IGOR to move in a westerly direction toward the Caribbeans or WNWesterly toward the U.S. coast, with a probability of occurrence of about 30%.
Satellite Imagery (GOES 12 Floater/NOAA/SSD)
- Central Atlantic – Infrared
- Central Atlantic – IR (Aviation Color Enhancement)
- Central Atlantic – Water Vapor
- Central Atlantic – Visible
- Central Atlantic – Visible (Colorized)
Loops/ Satellite Animations
Additional Satellite Images: