- Thought for the Day: The Car Salesman & SoCal Fires
- Tell Schwarzenegger Damage from Fires Is Preventable!
- Shock and Awe Southland Fires Take No Prisoners
- California Fires: Not Hard to Understand!
- The War on Wildfire
More Links: Click Here
Hazard Mapping System Fire and Smoke Product
Download most current fire files (available in ASCII, GIS and graphic formats). This product is also available via a geospatial archive at the National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC).
The Experimental Wildfire ABBA Fire Product
The experimental Wildfire Automated Biomass Burning Algorithm (WFABBA) is currently generating half-hourly fire data for the Western Hemisphere.The geostationary NOAA weather satellite GOES-12 provides coverage for North and South America while GOES-11 covers North America only. The WFABBA is an extension of the ABBA.
Source: Space Science and Engineering Center – University of Wisconsin, Madison.
GOES-11 Wildfire ABBA
California and Nevada
Southwestern US and Northern Mexico
- North America GOES-12 Overview
- South America GOES-12 Overview
- GOES-12: Northeastern US and Eastern Canada
- GOES-12: Western USA
- GOES-12: US Midwest and the Ohio Valley
- GOES-12: Southwestern US
- GOES-12: Southeastern US
- GOES-12: Northern Mexico and Southern Texas
- GOES-12: Southern Mexico and Northern Central America
- GOES-12: Cuba and the Bahamas
- GOES-12: Central America
South America (GOES-12)
- GOES-12: Northern Colombia and Western Venezuela
- GOES-12: Eastern Venezuela and Northern Guiana Highlands
- GOES-12: Southern Colombia and Ecuador
- GOES-12: Amazon Basin
- GOES-12: Central Peru
- GOES-12: Southwestern Brazil
- GOES-12: Southern Brazilian Highlands
- GOES-12: Southern Bolivia, Southern Peru, and Northern Chile
- GOES-12: Southcentral Brazil
- GOES-12: Southern Brazil and Eastern Paraguay
- GOES-12: Northern Argentina, Chile, Uraguay, and Paraguay
- GOES-12: Central Argentina and Central Chile
- GOES-12: Southern Argentina and Southern Chile