Disaster Declared in Hawaii
Posted by feww on March 7, 2012
Kauai and Oahu declared disaster areas after flooding, sewage spills triggered by extreme rain event
Hawaii’s governor has declared Kauai and Oahu Islands disaster areas following 3 days of torrential rains which triggered flooding and mudslides, blocking roads and causing sewage spill on the two island.
Disaster Calendar 2012 – March 7
[March 7, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,470 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Hawaii. The governor of Hawaii has declared Kauai and Oahu Islands disaster areas following 3 days of torrential rains which triggered flooding and mudslides, blocking roads and causing sewage spill on the two island.
- “Storms moving over Oahu, Kauai and Maui County generated thunder, lightning, hail, floods and even waterspouts offshore. Forecasters say more heavy rain is possible tonight and all three counties are under a flash flood watch until 6 a.m. Wednesday,” a report said.
- Warnings have been issued also for hail, lightning, landslides and flooded roads.
Other Global Disasters
- Kentucky, USA. The Disaster President has declared Kentucky a disaster area following the deadly tornadoes and violent storms that left at least 22 people dead..
- The counties designated as disaster areas are Johnson, Kenton, Laurel, Lawrence, Menifee, Morgan and Pendleton.
- More counties may be added to the disaster declaration as damage assessment continues.
- Congo. Death toll in Sunday’s munitions depot explosions in Brazzaville, the capital of the Republic of Congo, has climbed to about 300 with more than 1,300 wounded and 5,000 left homeless.
- Nevada, USA. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has designated 7 counties in Nevada as natural disaster areas due to losses caused by wildfires that occurred from Sept. 30, 2011, through Oct. 5, 2011.
- The Primary Disaster Areas are Elko and Humboldt counties.
- The contiguous disaster areas are Eureka, Lander, Pershing, Washoe and White Pine counties.
- NSW, Australia. At least 600 families were ordered to abandon their homes in NSW town of Griffith, North-West of Wagga Wagga, as floodwaters threatened the low-lying areas.
“Heavy rains over the Mirrool Creek upstream of Griffith have resulted in flooding within the area. Rising flood water is currently threatening parts of the city,” said the NSW State Emergency Service.
Weather Systems to Remember
How Spiders Escaped Flooded Areas in Wagga Wagga, Eastern Australia. Credit Reuters via CBBC. The spiders’ behavior is known as ballooning, and is typical after spiders are forced to flee from floods, according to the Australian Museum’s entomology collections manager, Reuters reported. More Images …