Deadly Weather Pounding U.S. South
Posted by feww on January 23, 2017
State of Emergency Declared in Georgia
- Severe thunderstorms and tornadoes have killed dozens of people in the US south.
- Georgia has declared states of emergency across seven counties in the south-central section of the state.
- A major tornado in Mississippi on Saturday killed several people and injured dozens more, destroying or damaging hundreds of homes.
NWS forecasters issued a “high risk” warning of severe storms for parts of Georgia, Florida and Alabama on Sunday.
- The New York City Emergency Management Department has urged New Yorkers to be prepared for high winds, heavy rain, and localized coastal flooding on Monday, January 23.
- Additional information is available from FIRE-EARTH PULSARS.