Drought Disaster Declared for 22 Counties in 2 States
Posted by feww on April 18, 2013
Texas and Florida counties declared drought disaster areas
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has designated 22 counties in Texas and Florida as primary or contiguous disaster areas due to damages and losses caused by the ongoing drought.
The designated drought disaster areas in Texas are
- PDA: Calhoun and Jackson counties.
- CDA: Aransas,Colorado, Lavaca, Matagorda, Refugio, Victoria and Wharton counties.
The designated drought disaster areas in Florida are
- PDA: Alachua, Flagler, Putnam and St. Johns counties.
- CDA: Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Duval, Gilchrist, Levy, Marion, Union and Volusia counties.
FIRE-EARTH Drought Links 2013
- U-S Drought 2013: Fueled by Heat from Hell? January 31, 2013 [FIRE-EARTH Forecast]
- Drought Disaster Declared in 32 Additional Texas Counties April 4, 2013
- US: Drought Disaster 2013 [Index Page]