Earthquake Rattles Grand Coulee Dam, Washington
Posted by feww on September 2, 2015
M4.3 quake strikes north of Coulee Dam, Washington
Centered at 48.307°N, 119.019°W the quake occurred at a depth of 9.7km north of Coulee Dam, Washington, reported USGS/EHP.
The quake was felt over a large area, prompting authorities to inspect the Grand Coulee Dam, the largest hydroelectric facility in the U.S.
The facility supplies electricity to about a dozen states in the U.S. West.
Location: 48.307°N, 119.019°W
Time: 2015-09-01 16:42:45 UTC
- 38km (24mi) N of Coulee Dam, Washington
- 132km (82mi) N of Moses Lake, Washington
- 136km (85mi) SSE of Penticton, Canada
- 137km (85mi) NE of Wenatchee, Washington
Grand Coulee Dam on Columbia River, Washigton. More images posted at http://www.usbr.gov/pn/grandcoulee/news/gallery/index.html
Other Significant Quakes
- M6.0, 271km SE of Hachijo-jima, Japan 2015-09-01 at 15:25:10 UTC depth= 11.3km
- M5.6, 270km SE of Hachijo-jima, Japan 2015-09-01 at 15:24:09 UTC depth= 10.0km
- M5.0, 12km SW of Hualian, Taiwan 2015-09-01 at 13:24:45 UTC depth= 20.8km
- M4.4, 250km E of Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland 2015-09-01 at 13:26:29 UTC depth= 10.0km