Global Disasters/ Significant Events – June 8, 2013
Posted by feww on June 8, 2013
Excessive Heat Warning issued for parts of 3 states
National Weather Service (NWS) has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for Southern Nevada, Southeastern California and Northwestern Arizona.
NWS has warned that high temperatures will remain at potentially dangerous levels
Very hot weather is expected across the region through the weekend. An Excessive Heat Warning is in effect through Sunday evening for elevations below 4000 feet in the Mojave Desert.
Very hot weather is expected across the region through the weekend. An Excessive Heat Warning is in effect through Sunday evening for elevations below 4000 feet in the Mojave Desert. Forecast high is represented by the orange bars while record values are denoted in red. Source: NWS
Severe Sandstorm Hits NW China (Again)
A severe sandstorm enveloped Yinchuan, capital of northwest China’s Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, June 8, 2013. (Xinhua/Wang Peng). More images …
Three major wildfires burning in N.M.
The largest of the three fires is the Thompson Ridge Fire which broke out in the Jemez Mountains just over a week ago.
Thompson Ridge Fire
- Location: Valles Caldera National Preserve
- Started: May 31, 2013
- Personnel: 1,015
- Cause: Downed power line
- Size: 14,430 acres
- Containment: 10 percent, as of Friday 8:30 a.m.
- Fuels: Mixed conifer and Ponderosa pine
Evacuations: An evacuation order remains in effect for Thompson Ridge, Rancho de la Cueva and Elk Valley.
Tres Lagunas Fire
- Location: 10 miles north of Pecos
- Started: May 30
- Personnel: 1,011
- Cause: Downed power line
- Size: 10,048 acres
- Containment: 34 percent, as of Friday 8:00 a.m.
- Fuels: Timber
Evacuations: Some evacuation orders remain in effect; residents north of Windy Bridge are still evacuated.
Red Flag Warnings are in effect for parts of N. Calif., W. Colorado, N. Central and Western New Mexico.
Lubbock, Texas Declares a State of Emergency
City and County of Lubbock have declared a state of emergency due the damage caused by severe thunderstorms Wednesday.
“The storm’s 80-plus mph winds caused severe damage to infrastructure throughout the entire service territory, which led to more than 19,000 reported outages at its peak,” said a report citing LP&L.
DISASTER CALENDAR – June 8, 2013 —
SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,008 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,008 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs