U.S. Drought Spreads
Posted by feww on December 28, 2012
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,170 Days Left
[December 28, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,170 Days Left to the most Fateful Day in Human History
- Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011 ...
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
Drought spreads fractionally across the U.S.
Abnormally Dry or worse drought conditions (D0 to D4 levels on the U.S. Drought Monitor scale) spread to 73.84 of continental U.S. as of December 25 fractionally higher than the previous week (73.79%), while moderate to severe drought (D1 to D4) expanded to 61.82 percent of the country.
Additional Counties Designated as Drought Disaster Areas
- California. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has designated 30 counties in California as disaster areas due to damages and losses caused by drought that began Jan. 1, 2012, and continues. The designation includes 6 counties as primary disaster areas and 24 others as secondary disaster areas.
- Texas. USDA has also designated 12 counties in Texas as agricultural disaster areas due to damages and losses caused by the recent drought. The designation include 2 counties as primary and 10 others as secondary disaster areas.
Recent Drought Links
- U.S. Drought Persists Despite Snow December 21, 2012
- Drought Continues to Expand through U.S. Farming Region December 14, 2012
- Drought Continues to Expand through Central U.S. December 7, 2012
- US: Dozens of Additional Counties Designated Disaster Areas December 4, 2012
- U.S. Drought: 54 Additional Counties Declared Drought Disaster Areas Posted November 2, 2012
- U.S. Counties Declared Disaster Areas October 25, 2012
- U.S. drought retreats fractionally, expected to persist through winter October 19, 2012
- U.S. Crop Disaster Losses Spreads to 2,673 Counties October 18, 2012
- Drought Disaster Spreads to 2,423 U.S. Counties October 12, 2012
- U.S. Drought: Little Change! October 4, 2012
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs
- 2010 Disasters [Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters
- 2011 Disaster Calendar
- 2012 Disaster Calendar
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
This entry was posted on December 28, 2012 at 3:03 pm and is filed under Global Disaster watch, global disasters, global disasters 2012, global drought. Tagged: 2012 Drought Disaster, carrying capacity, Drought, drought 2012, drought and deluge, drought disaster, drought disaster areas, First Phase of Collapse, human impact, new winter wheat crop, U.S. Collapse, U.S. Drought Disaster, U.S. Drought Map, US Drought Monitor, winter wheat crop, winter wheat crop 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.