Major Disaster Declared for Wyoming
Posted by feww on July 8, 2015
Wyoming Declared Federal Disaster Area
Wyoming Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4227)
The Disaster President has declared a major disaster exists in the State of Wyoming in the areas affected by severe storms and flooding during the period of May 24-June 6, 2015.
Areas worst affected by the extreme weather events—severe storms and flooding—include Johnson and Niobrara counties.
Federal Coordinating Officer for federal recovery operations in the affected area said additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the territory and warranted by the results of further damage assessments.
This is the 23rd Major Disaster Declaration proclaimed for a U.S. state/territory, so far this year. Additionally the federal government has issued five Fire Management Assistance Declarations.
Fire Management Assistance Declarations (2015)
 07/06/2015 Idaho Cape Horn Fire
 06/29/2015 Washington Sleepy Hollow Fire
 06/17/2015 Arizona Kearney River Fire
 06/16/2015 Alaska Card Street Fire
 06/15/2015 Alaska Sockeye Fire
- Major Disaster Declared for Arkansas [DR-4226] June 29, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Nebraska [DR-4225] June 26, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for West Virginia – (4th major disaster in 2 months) [DR-4221]May 22, 2015
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Agricultural Disasters Index